Thursday, September 4, 2008

Labor day, Pigs, and kids.

So been way busy lately with school and family. We had a great, lazy weekend it was nice to just lay around and relax. But Tuesday was here before I knew it. I had my first vocabulary quiz yesterday and I think I did really well on it at least I hope so. I also got to dissect a pig that was fun just a little funky smelling. But seeing the inside of the parts that we are having to remember is helpful. We have a lab test in two weeks and the little pigs stay in the bucket till then can't imagine they will smell any better in two weeks.

Still undecided about changing my major I think to much and normally have to make a decision within 48 hours or I go crazy, but I am trying a new approach and just letting the indecision linger in my mind. Very hard to do, maybe I am growing in my patience. Doubtful.

I am really enjoying the Wednesday night class about God's glory. It is pretty awesome. I struggle with reading the bible but it really makes me want to because I can see is glory more in the bible than anywhere else.

Zachary is having a hardish time adjusting to school and to remember to bring books home. Not just some books any books. He feels pressure really easily. I see more and more that he is like Darrin in all the wonderful ways like his kind heart and loving nature, but also he is not very organized(the way I think he should so I have to let him find his way and just be helpful) and the ringing bell is just way to much pressure when he is packing up. I am learning through him that it takes him a while to get something and he said last night that " I guess I know that a bomb is not going to go off when the other bell rings so I can take my time a load up my things." That was helpfully to me to understand him better. Mothering changes so much as they get older I always thought that it would get easier but it doesn't the emotional side of it is very challenging, but rewarding all the same. And having Darrin to understand him is priceless. I just have to learn to step back and let Darrin calm me down and not fixate on the little things but see the big picture and that we are shaping a human not just a student.

Well I need to go study my pig parts and human parts. Biology is so fun.

6 comments:

River Life 21st Century said...

I am so proud of you, baby.
You are such an awesome daughter, wife, mother and now college student. God was so good to bless me with you and your wonderful family.

So interesting that you are studying the glory in the Bible - it makes me want to look up those verses too.

Hope to see you soon!!
Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

O, I really love this post, Heather! I love seeing you realizing the young man your son is becoming. I love your anticipation and patience and your gratefulness to your husband. Seeing all this coming to light for you is cool.

Kim said...

It's hard to watch your kid be different than you think he should. Adjustment.

I'm jealous of Wednesday night Bible study. Me too.

Missy said...

OOh, your groddy!

I'm glad things are going well for you...and yes it is so helpful to have Daddys understand their boys!

Maybe I'll get to start seeing you next Wednesday. Come to churche early :)

Paige M said...

I miss you too! Next week we'll have to catch up on this week.

And I agree with Burt. The pig stuff is gross. But you do what you gotta do, huh? The pig and the frog was the extent of my dissecting experiences. Thank goodness.

Crissy said...

Motherhood is so different than I anticipated also. And having boys is made easier when you have a great husband. Love this post.