Monday, November 19, 2007

Vaction anyone?

So we leave for vacation Wednesday it feels like I have been preparing for it for weeks which I have mentally. When in reality I have done almost nothing to prepare which is not like me I usually start packing 2 to 3 days in advanced( I have only just now started washing clothes) but the thing is I always start packing and it really doesn't take that long so I feel like I have been working and it feels like I have worked so hard for no reason. So I have decide to see how it feels to put something off to the last minute. I am not very good at being spontaneous I would like to be better at it I always plan everything and leave no room for getting off the beaten path and finding something new. So I know that packing late is not that big of a deal but for me it is a baby step. So since I have already waited I can't help but for it to be the last minute I am very excited and a little worried. How will I ever get it all done. Is this how spontaneous feels? I don't know if I really like it?

5 comments:

Kim said...

That is exactly how spontaneous feels. Sometimes I feel like I need anxiety medication for all of my "spontanaity" otherwise known as "procrastination".

Anonymous said...

I am so not spontaneous. I start packing 2-3 days before a trip too. But I always forget something no matter how "on task" I try to stay. I would hate to see myself getting up in the morning and packing for a weekend trip. I could very well forget Brandon!

Missy said...

I too like to pack ahead of time.
Although it doesn't always happen.
It helps add to the excitment of the trip!

Hope ya'll have a very swell time.
Did you get your Museum packet today?
We must go back!

Crissy said...

Part of the fun of the trip is the planning! I start making lists weeks in advance. But I only pack the day before. Otherwise I overthink it and we end up with waayyy more stuff than we need.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i love to be spontaneous. it's so fun!!! i pack the day before. sooner would be too mature, later would be too chaotic.

kim p