Thursday, October 4, 2007

Wrestling with boys

I love my boys so much (don't worry this is not going to be a mushy blog about my devoted motherly love) they love to tackle wrestle and attack on a regular bases. This morning in attempted to delay the start of school we all were cuddling and wrestling and all was well until Zachary thinking I was going to tickle him kicked me in the chin which I did not handle well and we all ended up crying, me from pain Zachary because he caused me pain and Eric because he did not want to be left out. I often wonder if the ancient warrior/knight/cowboy is always there. When Zachary was little we did not have any guns because I thought that would encourage the warrior/knight/cowboy to emerge then I realized that he was there all along because any stick was a gun or sword. So by the time number 2 son came along the warrior/knight/cowboy in Eric joined forces with Zachary's ancient three and I was out number and out flanked. So when Eric had a pirate (also want of the ancient man people) we had swords as party favors but much to my sons delight I forgot to send them home with the party goers so they could indulge their inner man. So the next Mom group that I was in was at my house and a new Mom was there with her one angelic little girl and Eric/warrior/knight/cowboy/pirate came down the stairs and with a shotgun on one hip and a sword in the other hand ready to do us all in. We never heard from or saw that mother again. I know that my boys are good boys and they don't attack on a regular bases but if you ever conner them and act like you might tickle them they may attack.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Hey Heather! I'm so glad you've decided to join us in blogworld!

Paige M said...

I'm going to send Carson over to play with ya'll! Then I don't have to be a warrior myself. I'll just stay home and play Barbie if that's OK.

Kim said...

Nah Paige, you just need to have another boy.
Of course, I live my life in a warzone like you and can certainly appreciate your position.