Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More than I thought

The retreat was so wonderful (I will be using that word alot). I thought that this weekend would be fun. I thought that that we would talk, laugh and hang out. Well we did all those things and so much more we learned the power of grace and the joy of being vulnerable and to trust or fellow woman to love us like Christ would. To know that there was no judgement and only love was very freeing and something that as a new member I am truly learning. I want to put a big neon sign over our church ( I know a little Vegas like but I think it would be effective) that says come here to know and feel God' s joyous love that he has for you and wants to love you, not make you feel guilty or ashamed but glorified and accepted as is true Daughter of the King. I got to know some wonderful ladies that I had not meet and some that I got to know even better. It was a truly wonderful and beautiful time in fellowship. I want to grow more in my knowledge of the gospel like I never have before so that I can share that wonder and love of Jesus. It was a very wonderful time and thank you to the ladies who put it all together and to all the ladies who brought all the chocolate.

3 comments:

Missy said...

Even though I don't go to your church, I thorougly enjoy hanging out with and getting too know all of you. Thanks for including an outsider Baptist!

Kim said...

Gorgeous, dear friend. Well said.

Paige M said...

Love the sign idea!!