Monday, October 15, 2007

Hopefully growing

I woke up Saturday in a fairly good mood got up cooked breakfast and thought Darrin was out running, then I realized he had told me he had to go into work and I was so angry not at him for working hard but because it messed up my schedule. I don't usually tell anyone my schedule it just is what I think is the most logical course of action that everyone should know. So I got very angry and was rude to the kids and then rude to my husband who had gotten up at 5:00 a.m. on a Saturday so he could be back by 9:00 for Eric's soccer game. So why do I get so angry when thinks don't go my way? I want to be in control of all things including time and everyone around me because I know best, but then God steps in and reminds me that being angry and in control is not a good place to learn from and he shows me in various ways what can happen when I sin in my anger. Last time I was in this mode I had a wreck and thought I learned my lesson on being in control and in charge of all things. I am thankful that this time my lesson was a let less traumatic but it was so much more powerful. I went to the grocery store after dropping off the boys at the house, there was a nice man out in front of the store he was in his mid-twenties, my first angry thought and reaction was that he was selling something and so I tried not to make eye contact. He wasn't selling anything, he was asking for a donation for his Aunt who was suffering with ovarian cancer. Here I was being angry ,prideful and complaining about my life, that is filled with a wonderful health family and this sweet humble man was asking for help for his Aunt. God speaks to us everyday and I hope I can learn to listen and even when I am sinning and being angry and horrible, stuck in my little me world that I will always be thankful that he is in my heart and loves me and treasures me and is always teaching me and that I am hopefully growing and learning to be more humble and letting God be in control all the time. I know I will keep struggling with this but I am grateful for grace and for my Abba Father teaching me.

2 comments:

Missy said...

great post Heather! I too get in that mood and it's a horrible place to be. I don't even want to be with myself!
It's such a comfort to know we have the Lord in our lives helping us over these hurdles!
Can you imagine being a wife and parent ( and a homeschooler!) without the Holy Spirit?!

Kim said...

What good insight! I'm glad I'm never like that. ;)