Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Resolutions?

We went to The Sharp's last night. It was as always very fun. This was the first New Year's party that Darrin and I have ever been to. I had mimosas,chocolate and great company.

So Zachary keeps asking me what my new years resolution is. I don't make them anymore. I think that they are just to hard and to easy to let go so why bother. I mean I wake up every day thinking I need to diet, I need to be a better wife and mother so this day is really no different. So I stopped making resolutions a few years ago. Now I think why are they always the more self-centered things. Why can't I resolute to be more kind to others (also for me so I can say to myself I was kind today) help someone (also for me). If I can come up with one that isn't all about me maybe I will give it a try again. I know that they are about improving myself but I think I try and fail at that enough. So I think I will start my new year off just knowing that God delights in me no matter my short comings and those short comings make me long for Him and with out them I probably wouldn't. So I resolute to be me and enjoy life and to not making new years resolutions.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Brilliant!

Paige M said...

Amen

Crissy said...

Amen and brilliant! (I don't feel very original today.) We loved having you guys over, as always. And I totally agree with your thoughts, Mrs. Betty Whatever Your Name Was.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

a-freakin'-men! why do i beat myself up over this stuff?! enough. God loves me, forgives me, and is perfecting me at HIS pace.

Anonymous said...

I hate resolutions too. Jan. 1st is just another day to me.