Sunday, August 24, 2008

Rainy.

I love the rain we have enjoyed it so much this weekend relaxing with each other was much needed.

The Olympics have been very enjoyable lately and I had a few observations.

1. The Olympics is where a big girl can shine. Water Polo girls, Shot put girls, Volleyball girls etc....

2. I want to be a girl who needs 10,000 calories for "training".

3. Rhythmic gymnastics I don't get it. It' a hula hoop, and a ribbon for goodness sake.

4. The swimming was awesome. Also a place for big girls.

5. The diving people need to eat more the Chinese girls look absolutely to skinny. But they sure don't make much splash.

6. Why are they on so late and why must I stay up to watch.

7. Prelim, semi-finals really just skip to the real race.

8. Let the swimmers fix their hair this is the biggest moment of their life and they have wet hair.

9. Why are the outfits so little. The speedo business is only around because of diving. And the beach volleyball really a bikini, they can't wear a shirt and shorts? The gymnast outfit is cut so high?

10. Why is it only every 4 years? I can't wait that long.

So I missed the opening ceremony but I am looking forward to tonight's. I hope it is not on to late.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The women's volleyball outfits kill me. The men wear tanks and shorts. Why is there a double standard? The girls look like they are in their bras and panties!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to add that the day president Bush spoke to the women on the beach, I was exceedingly uncomfortable. I mean, hello, here is our president and your in a bikini!!!! Get a towel for cryin' out loud!

Kim said...

I watched the highlights of the synchronized swimming yesterday and it was amazing. Wow.
Loved the olympics: gymnastics always amazes me, as does the synchronized diving.
Closing ceremonies was very cool, though, I thought the London stuff sucked compared to the Chinese's ability to amaze. And cling to the side of structures.

Unknown said...

Love your observations. Funny stuff.

Missy said...

Great and accurate observations.
Except the rythmic gymnastics. I liked that. They are graceful and elegant...two things that I'm not.

We should start our own beach volleyball league. We could build a little court out at Crissy's. Matching outfits of course!!!