Friday, March 21, 2008

Day Three,Four and Five.

Okay so we did leave really early. Got to Destin at about 9:30 can you say early check-in I love this try it sometimes check-in is normally at 4:00 p.m. but if your room is ready they let you check-in. If it is not ready just go have lunch or shop. It is like getting an extra day. So anyway we got there changed and went for a run so humid and fast man is to fast for me. I mean Darrin says he is slow but I am about to die and he is doing ballet moves to be funny and it just makes me crazy because I can't even breathe. I missed my running friends this week they run like normal semi-fast people not crazy legs Darrin. So after the run we changed and went and had lunch. First let me describe were we stayed. Sand Destin is a resort with hotels and golf and stores and so much stuff our hotel is attached to The Village which is a New Orleans style area with shops and restaurants/bars. So we can walk about a block and be right in the middle of it. So we had lunch started to rain (we were on a covered dock that was lover the little pond area) and had great fun. I ordered a Pina Coldia (spelling is way off spell check did not help) so it had way to much rum in it and I like to taste coconut not rum so Darrin helped me drink it because it cost allot. They have a 2% resort fee on most dining out things what is that? I mean duh I have to pay 2 % that is insane. But resort life is very nice so I guess that is to be expected. So anyway took a nap and then went to dinner and then my favorite place was The Funky Blues Shack they had live music and both night the bands were really good. So this is my observation on bar people. I know I was also in a bar but we really were there for the music. There is always and older woman dancing all alone to some pretty undancable music. Both night's this was true, how bizarre. Always college girls in way to short a skirt and way to much make-up, and older guys ready to buy them drinks. Really the people watching was just as fun as the music. So the next day took the Tram down to the beach love the Tram, you call and they pick you up and take you anywhere on the resort love me some Tram. I loathe having to drive everywhere and you can have a few drinks and not worry about driving. Oh also did a little shopping at the factory outlets good prices but they were no Big Saver let me tell you. So went to the pool, no swimming a little to cool but my fake tan got some pool side time. Took a nap and then went over the Towne Center and ate at his great Mexican place. Walked out on the pier and then back to the Shack. Love me some Funky Blues. So any who got back this afternoon and crashed for about 2 hours and enjoyed seeing my boys and hearing all about there fun times at Grandma's and Gingey's. I must now come back down to earth. I must say that this had to be my favorite trip with just me and Darrin ever. Hope to see everyone at the Easter egg hunt tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a hoot. Resort prices on drinks and things are always so expensive. Your description of the bar people was so right on! We saw too many of that on the cruise ship. I'm glad you had fun with your hubby and that you are back safe and sound. See you at the egg hunt!