Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Trying to do nothing.

The kids are at my Mom's. I woke up all on my own this morning. Nobody had to be feed but me. I am trying to do nothing. It is not as easy as it sounds. I have watched a lot of TV and lounged a good bit but now its 2ish and I just changed out the laundry. Took a shower. Cleaned the kitchen. I can't stop. Why is it so hard to do nothing? I mean I dream of doing nothing but never seem to get to. So I promised myself that today I would do nothing. But alas I can't seem to stop myself. Maybe I need an intervention. Someone to stand over me and make me relax, but if someone was coming over I would really have to get the house in order. So I guess I have enjoyed doing things on my schedule today so that is sort of like doing nothing isn't it?

Also it is to quiet I have the TV and radio on, the dry and wash are making noise. But no one is running around being crazy. Max did bark this morning at something but that only lasted a few minutes he is very quite. So I guess I will try and enjoy the quiet while it last. I promise tho veggie out a little more but now I have to finish my rough draft for class tonight. Nathaniel Hawthorne so interesting. Sort of.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Teehee...this made me laugh because everytime I have a day or an hour to relax, I never do. I think we get so involved in routines that when the routine is altered we can't stop ourselves, same as when we schedule a routine to be lazy! I was hoping to have a lazy day yesterday and did not get my wish until today. But the only problem is Brandon is sick. I guess it can't be perfect all the time! Depends on how you define relaxing as well.

Paige M said...

As I told you earlier, I have a hard time relaxing. I feel like if I am by myself I should be doing something productive. Something I can't do while the kids are with me, usually shopping, which is fun, but not at all relaxing for me. I'm glad you got to veg on the couch for a while. Sounds fun.

Kim said...

I always feel guilty when I'm sitting. Can't sit.

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i, on the other hand, am a complete sloth. i can sit for very long periods of time. i practice this art frequently. some people see it as laziness. i see it as protecting myself from stress and overwork. ;)