Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Getting out of my box.

So I went to the Moody campus to take the test. The lady there didn't know I was coming and she was getting ready to leave. I graciously offered to come back another day but she didn't know when I could because they were winding down for the semester. I was very glad she said okay, because I had had nervous eating all day. (even ate Moose Tracks which I don't like and I only ate the Tracks which is that not a gross name for ice cream but I was desperate for chocolate). Then the computers would not work and this lady who was very nice thought that I would think she had broken the computers. She actually said that out loud. I don't think she meant to but I have been around those who have verbally diarrhea so I knew she could not help it. Anyway she called the Pell City campus to see if there's were working and they said I could come over there. As most of you know I am not fond of driving somewhere I have never been before. God is so great because Darrin's brother gave us a TomTom for Christmas so I came by the house and got it and in its gentle soft voice guided me to Pell City at night all by myself, well me and TomTom. So I took the test in the coldest room on the entire planet. It was very hard but I did very well on the English and no great surprise I tanked on the Math. So I survived and I will take either Math or English in the Spring. Happily getting out of my safe, warm box.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

what an evening! glad you were able to take your test and you are now in a warm room (i hope) rather than the coldest one on the planet!

Paige M said...

What's a TomTom???? Glad you are done with the test! See you tonight.

Missy said...

OOH Tom Tom! How fun is that...
Darrins brother gives good gifts huh?!
Glad you got that over with. Now you can step away from the moose tracks!

heather said...

A TomTom is a small just put it on your windshield GPS. It is like mapquest will you drive. It is way awesome.

Crissy said...

I am super proud of you. I'd be a nervous wreck too.

Kim said...

This TomTom sounds like a nice fellow. I like "his soft, gentle voice" being used to describe a gadget.
"No, my sweetness, do not be guided by the wrong exit to Pell City. Eden does sound like a nice exit to go to, however you will get lost as a goose. Please proceed to the next exit wherein we will find the location we are looking for. Together. Forever."

I love you, TomTom!

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

i love tomtom! "he" is fabulous! i seriously need one. (hint, hint) my birthday is in march, but i accept gifts at anytime.

i am very proud of you, girl. i'm not sure i would have the courage to take a test now. i always did well in school, but that was a LONG time ago. :-)