Saturday, December 8, 2007

Cookies!!!!

I can't sleep I just got back from the cookies swap and I am high on sugar. It was great fun as always. I think sometimes how hard it used to be for me in those situations. It maybe hard to believe but I was incredible shy growing up. I think that I am still a shy person on the inside but that God has helped me so much I know He wants us to be a body and to be a community and I have learned that you really have to jump in there. I have never had to before I went to one church before for about 4 years and before that only when I was little. So when we moved here I knew that to form relationships is the key, you can't connect with people unless you hang out with them, laugh with them, and eat chocolate with them. It isn't always easy to know people and to make yourself vulnerable is not easy. I think you really have to preach the gospel to yourself and to truly love each other in Christ for it to work as well as it does. I am truly grateful to all the ladies for welcoming me and making me feel at home and loved.

4 comments:

Kim said...

My lovely friend, I am thankful for your friendship! I'm happy to know you and your hubby. I like watching you soak up the gospel, my happy hearted friend!

Missy said...

Never picked you at the shy type. I am very impressed that you came to my Churh event even though you only knew me! So glad you came :)

Kimmipeach@gmail.com said...

WE LOVE YOU, HEATHER!!!!!! i'm glad you're here w/ us now.

kim p

Missy said...

Heard ya'll are sick...I am so sorry. We really missed you guys yesterday. Hope your feeling better.